Saturday, November 7, 2009

Greetings From Canterbury, Pilgrims!

Hello Again Pilgrims!

Sending you this within sight of Canterbury Cathedral. We have just spent a great couple of days within the Cathedral Precincts, studying Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales." While I confess that Middle English is not my favorite, I definitely have a new appreciation for this work after spending time at the pilgrim's end goal.

This posting will be quite brief, as it is mainly for the purpose of letting my family know I am ok. We are off to Oxford tomorrow, to take a literary walk focusing on J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. Understandably, I am very excited for this! Plus, it should be funny to hear of the Oxford/Cambridge rivalry, AFTER being to Cambridge.

On the way here (Canterbury), we did have a stop at the Hundred Acre Wood, for a slightly less literary stop at Pooh Stick's Bridge. We played Pooh Sticks, and saw Piglet's house. A great time was had by all :)

Personally, I am at a very interesting point in England Term. Over here, the Christmas Season is in near-full swing, which is making me very homesick. Also, everyone in our group is getting physically sick, it seems, which makes for a bunch of cranky and weary travellers. As much fun as we are having, I think everyone is starting to miss the comforts of home (Read: Mom!). I am also getting a little travel-weary, and miss Matt and the family terribly. So, prayers for endurance and renewed appreciation for being over here would be greatly appreciated :)

That's all for now. I don't know when I'll post next, but until then, love to you all!

Allison <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Honey Girl!
    Sorry to hear all is not "tea and crumpets." Courage! Lots to see and do yet and all too soon you will be home and I will be working you to death!! Check your e-mail. 143 Mom

    ReplyDelete