Thursday, August 27, 2009

Many Apologies from England!

Hello All!
I am so incredibly sorry that it has taken this long for me to blog on England Term! As hard as it is to believe, I have already been in the UK for over a week now. We just finished up an amazing week in Edinburgh, Scotland. I toured the castle, experienced the Festival, and saw the Royal Military Tattoo. I fell in love with the Scottish people, their fierce pride, and their hatred of the English :) It was a sad day when we had to leave, even though we were there for almost a week.

We then visited the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, and enjoyed seeing the North Sea coastline. Our next stop was Durham, England, where we visited their magnificent cathedral. We are currently stationed in Keswick, England (Northern Lake District Area). It is gorgeous! Green (and sheep!) everywhere! So picturesque and quaint- everything I had hoped for :)

One prayer concern is for communication (or lack thereof). While I am having an excellent time, I feel like I am being very lax in keeping in touch with loved ones back home, which is taking a serious toll on some of my most important relationships. I don't know an immediate solution. I want to enjoy this experience to the fullest, but also realize I can't neglect those still at home.

But, other than that, I am having the time of my life. "Learning on Location" is better than I had ever imagined! I am forming some amazing friendships, seeing some amazing sights, and learning a ton about all of my favorite subjects. You just might lose me to the UK! :)

Cheers and Love to You All!
(And phone calls and postcards to follow!)
Allison

3 comments:

  1. My dear Allison, While it is exciting beyond belief to follow your travels, I will pray that you just enjoy yourself and savor every minute and put away the guilt of communicating with family and friends. It is just too difficult and puts a real (and unnecessary) burden on you.This is a once in a lifetime experience and you will never be this age or be able to soak in all these memorable sights the same way again. PLEASE do not feel guilty, but feel free and thankful to God that He has allowed this gift of travel to you.Tell everyone about it when you get home. :)You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. A, Fran and U. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you are getting to do so many fun things. I cant wait untill your next post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, kiddo! I add a second and a hearty amen to A. Fran's sage advice! I could also say "ditto" to Matt's comments. [This is so cool to read their comments and comment on your comments. I'm computing!!] LOL from MOM

    ReplyDelete